- T ~ talking-Statistics have shown that a family who eats and spends time together around the table lowers their children’s chances of getting into trouble and making poor choices. There is nothing better than sharing life with those you love around the kitchen table. Problems have been solved and many victories have been celebrated there. The memories created will last a lifetime.
~Deuteronomy 6:7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
- A ~ activities-Bonding is happening when you do things together. What a blessing to watch the activities around the table: birthday celebrations, countless meals, card making for caroling and other special occasions, games won & lost, inventions, creations made with Lego’s and we do not want to forget the endless hours of homework (well, maybe not so much bonding with that one, lol).
~I Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- B ~ Bible studies-Some of my greatest joys have been opening the Bible with others to learn and grow together in our walks with the Lord. Hearing the powerful testimonies of what God is doing in and through each of us has been such an encouragement. His word sure is alive, powerful, and transforming!! It is so humbling going with others into the throne room of God to seek His wisdom and will.
~Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
- L ~ laughter-Hearing funny stories with belly laughter around the table is the best. There is nothing like a good friend who always has a story to tell that will get you laughing.
~Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
- E ~ eternity-Our kitchen table has been one of our greatest investments. The talking together, activities shared, opening of the Bible, and the belly laughs have all in one way or another have been used with the hopes of seeing many around the eternal table. Spending eternity with our Lord and those we have done life with is something I and those found in Christ look forward to.
~Revelations 19:9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’”
I love and am so thankful for my kitchen table. So many wonderful memories have been made there and I look forward to the numerous ones to come. Is your kitchen table a special place?