Women, we are not taking seriously what God has called us to do. God has called Christian women to teach the younger, less mature women how to be what God has created women to be, which brings joy and freedom. Because we are not stepping up to the plate, the world is teaching girls and women to become everything that God did not create them to be, which is harming them and putting them into bondage.
Titus 2:1-5 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things – that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
We are losing our godly women!! It is God’s desire for women to be protected and valued, not exploited and used!!! It IS TIME for women to wake up and open their eyes to what is happening and demand the respect due all women. Below is some reality of what is happening:
- Sex trafficking was unheard of, now we are selling our girls for profit!! Sad to say, sex trafficking is becoming one of the biggest money makers in the U.S. Females are not sex object; we are valuable and precious.
- Back when I was a kid, Ricky and Lucy were not allowed to be in the same bed on TV and they were married. Today, people will see over 14,000 sexual references. Nine out of ten children will have seen porn online before they reach the age of 18. Sex is a valuable, precious gift between a husband and wife. Outside of the marriage bed, sex is cheapened; it is a temporary pleasure that damages deep into the soul. If a man says he loves you and wants to spend forever with you, why won’t he make the commitment? Why? Because he wants to use you and not treasure you.
- Twelve thousand new STDs are contracted every single day in the United States. Back when I was a teen, there were 5 STDs. All were curable. Your chance of contracting one was 1 in 56 and that was if you had multiple partners. Now, there are approximately 30 and 5 are NOT curable. Today, if you are sexually active, your chance of getting a STD is about 1 in 2 and that is with NOT having multiple partners. More women are dying of cervical cancer than HIV. Condoms do not protect against all STDs. Sex with warts and sores does not sound like the sex I want to have.
- In 1977, there were 3 million single moms; today, there are over 10 million. Sounds to me like more and more males are using females and disposing them like menstrual rags (something to be used and tossed), instead of loving and treasuring them like fine linen (something worth keeping for life).
- Women are getting more involved in illegal activity. In 1977, 12,279 women were jailed; in 2001, 85,031 women were jailed. That is a 592% increase. Women wanted freedom. Does that sound like freedom to you? I think we need to go back to true freedom which is found only in Christ.
- We have believed a lie. We have believed the world! God’s way is the way to true love and freedom.
- We quit talking and communicating. One of the biggest complaints you hear from parents is, “My kids do not listen to me!” Yet, it’s interesting that one of the biggest complaints from young people is, “My parents won’t listen to me! They are always talking at me.” THE TIME IS NOW to begin to bridge the gap between generations. NOW IS THE TIME for us to really listen to each other’s hearts and get into the lives of younger women.
What do we need to do to get started? We need mentors to walk alongside of parents to help younger girls and women think clearly. We need the 16 year-old to quit worry about getting a guy and get into a younger girl’s life as she enters puberty to show her that Christ needs to be the love of her life, not a boy. We need the 23 year-old to be there to help the 17 year-old make decisions as she enters adulthood.
- Parents, it is time that we start talking with and not at our children. Talk openly about all subjects. It’s time we start listening to the heart. When the heart changes, the behavior will follow.
- Church, it is time we stop trying to entertain and get serious with mentoring and discipleship. Jesus discipled; He did not entertain.
- Younger People, it is time that you really listen to what God is telling you. Get into His word and to allow older godly women to come into your life and pass the wisdom that God has given them to you.
God is calling the church to stand up and receive what He has for her. We need to no longer settle for what the world has to offer. We see from the above statistics that the world’s way stinks! God has so much more for His children, if we will only listen & obey.
Ask yourself what is stopping you from really getting into your children’s lives and the lives of those younger that God has placed before you.
- Maybe you are too busy, you care only about self, or you just don’t know how.
- Having a good, healthy relationship is vital for good communication. If you have a relationship that isn’t where it should be, pray for healing and restoration.
- Is God speaking to your heart and you are not listening to Him or those with more wisdom. Are you willing to really listen to what a more mature Christian has to say and not blow them off? Are you willing to research what they have to say to see if there is any truth?
- You do not have someone who is helping you grow? Go to a more mature Christian who you look up to and ask them if they would be willing to mentor and disciple you.
- Are you a more mature Christian but have not taken seriously the call to mentor the less mature in Christ? Have you filled your life with things that are not as important as getting to know people and building relationships? Ask God who He would like you to mentor (your child, a friend, a girl/woman at church, a neighbor).
- Has your life been focused on self? Begin focusing on God and His plan for your life.
- Possibly, you are willing to start being a mentor, but do not know how. It’s easy. Ask the Lord to bring someone younger into your life, start building a relationship by talking about what is going on in her life (struggles, triumphs, etc), and ask her what she thinks about certain subjects. The important thing is to get to know her in an intimate way. You can show her what God has to say about a subject and what the world says. Help her to see where both ways lead. Maybe begin a Bible study to help young women grow in their walk with the Lord.
Start today!!! We need to take back the land Satan has stolen. I would love to hear what one thing you are going to do to make a difference in a girl/woman’s life.
By: Linda Svacha, BCBC